What Is A Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa And How Can You Find Out More?
This visa offers investors permanent residency in the UK when investing £200k into a UK business. It’s an ideal vehicle for non-EU citizens who want to migrate to the UK.
The key benefits include the following;
- Residency where the visa allows the entrepreneur to work and live in the UK
- The entrepreneur can bring his/her family to the UK
- Immediate access to the UK educational and healthcare system
- Also the opportunity to apply for permanent residency in the UK
What Is Required?
The visa operates on a points based system though the key factor is whether you have £200,000 available to invest in a UK business.
- They must become a director in a UK business, speak an adequate level of English and be able to support themselves.
- The visa is then issued with a minimum of 3 years and 4 months, a further extension of 2 years is also available.
- These are the headline requirements – applicants are advised to get expert help in understanding all the conditions applicable.
A number of services are available for further information and support about the application process for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. They include everything from recommendation of an immigration lawyer to help with finding a suitable business to placement advice for new schools.
If unsure about the right advisors to approach, The British Council and/or UKTI is probably the best place to start.