What Is A Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa And How Can You Find Out More?
One of the earliest users is Diana Neclana – a ferociously hard working and successful migrant entrepreneur into the UK, who launched her Rumanian grocery store ‘Bucuresti.’
Diana provides a great example of how our free service helps entrepreneurs new to the UK and without an incumbent network of advisors, accountants or lawyers – though she did find herself deluged with various “offers to help” but no way of gauging the experts from the cowboys or understanding the best option at the right price.
She approached LawyerFair since when, we’ve helped her and many other migrant entrepreneurs to negotiate that process.
Along similar lines, we’re also receiving an increasing volume of enquiries from entrepreneur/investors entering the UK via the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.
This visa offers investors permanent residency in the UK when investing £200k into a UK business. It’s an ideal vehicle for non-EU citizens who want to migrate to the UK.
The key benefits include the following;
- Residency where the visa allows the entrepreneur to work and live in the UK
- The entrepreneur can bring his/her family to the UK
- Immediate access to the UK educational and healthcare system
- Also the opportunity to apply for permanent residency in the UK
What Is Required?
The visa operates on a points based system though the key factor is whether you have £200,000 available to invest in a UK business.
- They must become a director in a UK business, speak an adequate level of English and be able to support themselves.
- The visa is then issued with a minimum of 3 years and 4 months, a further extension of 2 years is also available.
- These are the headline requirements – applicants are advised to get expert help in understanding all the conditions applicable.
A number of services are available for further information and support about the application process for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. They include everything from recommendation of an immigration lawyer to help with finding a suitable business to placement advice for new schools.
If unsure about the right advisors to approach, The British Council and/or UKTI is probably the best place to start. Here is a link to the UKTI web page: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entrepreneurs-setting-up-in-the-uk/entrepreneurs-setting-up-in-the-uk
Linkilaw – Helping Migrant Entrepreneurs Find the Right Lawyer at The Best Price
We provide a free service that helps business owners and entrepreneurs find the right lawyer at the best price.
With coverage across the UK and beyond, we specialise in a very targeted match of business and entrepreneur with commercial lawyer.
We can assist with finding lawyers for any aspect of a migration process to the UK – including lawyers and advisors who are expert in sourcing and investing in the right businesses.
If you’d like us to connect you with a vetted and qualified lawyer for free then click below.